In this short and comprehensive post, I am going to share 19 Blogging tips and tricks, that will make your content stand out from the crowd. Let’s get started:
1. Have a clear message
Ask yourself, why your customer should read your blog?
You focus should always be attempting to solve a customer problem.
2. Write great headlines
Tips for great headlines:
– It should start with a number such as “Top 15 ways to earn a massive income online”
– Start with ‘who’ and ‘how’.
– Use less than 70 characters for SEO.
– Using Power words and using square brackets are also beneficial.
Quit with a clever headline. Make a clever headline a sub-headline.
3. Specific Categories of content
Try not to have more than 10 categories in your blog.
Make the topic of the blog immediately clear to your reader. Also, get the hook clear
Get at least 1 image to your post.
Get at least 1 video or related video to your post.
Get at least 1 relevant infographic to your blog post.
6. Keep it scannable
Most of the readers can’t spend more than 2 min to read the post. Make it scannable in such a way that key ideas could be easily scannable. Make use of headers, bullet points, number lists and no more than 3 lines of text per para.
7. Overall Post Quality
Check for spelling errors, grammar, and always proofread the content or let someone else proofread it.
Post quality is essential for social sharing as well.
8. Target Keyword
Right Keyword always keeps the blog post alive on the internet. Keep in mind to NOT re-use the keywords and ask yourself that if you don’t use keywords, should you be writing the post?
9. How long is your post
Blog post should be as long as it needs to be, provided that, it sufficiently answers the question. Just think about how hard it could be to explain a topic in less than 500 words!!
Length of an ideal blog post must be around 2000 words.
10. Consistent Formatting
Consistent formatting will standardize your blog.
11. Exit pop-ups
Take advantage of exit pop-ups. Use the free plugin called OptinMonster for pop-ups. It is beneficial for collecting leads.
12. Call to Action (CTA) and Conclusion
– Blog post must include CTA for a lead magnet or product for almost every article.
– Always ask a question to end the article.
– Always ask the audience to leave the comment.
– Ask for engagement.
13. Respond to Comments
Your comment section is an amazing opportunity to engage with already interested readers.
14. Social Sharing tool
Use the free plugin called sumo.com for social sharing.
– Should be clean and contain your keyword.
– Should not contain the date, number, post number, etc.
– Try to make it evergreen.
16. Internal Links
– Keep a list of your best blog posts, separate for your readers.
– Don’t put the same words in 2 posts internally linked with the same post.
17. Post Level SEO
Use Yoast SEO plugin. Fill up a suitable keyword, title, meta-description, URL, etc.
18. Use Alt-Text in your images
In some cases, images are not visible, so it is always a good idea to put alt-text in the images.
19. Putting dates on your posts!!
It is good to NOT put dates on your posts. People generally look for recent posts. Let’s say if you search for any information in the year 2019, but you get to see the search result articles written in 2012. Won’t you look for the recent one? Therefore, keeping the content updated and NOT putting dates are good practices in blogging.
Thanks for reading this post. I hope you have found a lot of value in this post. My objective with this post was to keep the core ideas to be highlighted. Therefore, I have not explained all 19 tips and tricks in greater detail. But if you have any question in any one of the tips above. Please leave your question in the comment below, I’ll be happy to answer them.
Read the greater detail of Content Marketing Strategy, and enhance your knowledge on Content Marketing.