Content Writing is pure fun.
Create your content and share your ideas and knowledge to the entire world. Create your ‘copy’ and sell your products and services to everyone. How cool is that!!
In this post, I’m going to discuss expert secrets on Content Creation.
Have you ever wondered:-
What is the experts’ strategy for writing content?
How they get a lot of new ideas every single day?
What actually is their driving force to enjoy writing content regularly?
What they know about web-writing, which you don’t know!
Well, in this post I’ll cover the answer to all such questions and much more.
Table of Content:
- Top 3 reasons to write Web-Content
- The strategy of Content Writing.
- Major types of Content
- Sources to generate bulk ideas to create new content.
- Essential tools for Content Writing.
What would you say about the most essential skill of any Content Writer? Is it Grammar, Spelling, Essay writing skills, or familiarity with the language?
I would say, all of them are required. But they all are a residual requirement. The main requirement is:
Knowing your target audience will help the content to be more focused. Apart from Selling skills, you need to have Digital Marketing Skills, such as Search Engine Optimization (SEO) skills, Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Social Media Marketing (SMM) and so on. It will make our content stand out from the crowd.
Now, let’s dig deeper into the mysterious world of Content Writing, in the below sub-sections:
Top-3 reasons to write Content:
- Search Engine Value: Useful contents with well-researched keywords always keeps our website on the top of any search engine. People extensively use the internet to find a solution to their problem. They use some keywords of their problem in the search tab of the search engines like Google or Bing. If your post title matches with those keywords, your content will help them find their solution. This is how you can develop trust among your audience and generate a lot of free traffic to your website. And, you can become an authority figure, where people around the world will look for your suggestions and advice.
- Traffic over time: Initially you will experience small traffic but over a period your traffic keeps growing, as you keep producing quality content on your website.
- Engagement and New Subscribers: Here your selling skills come into play. You should know how to keep your audience hooked to your posts. The greater knowledge you have of your audience better will be the engagement. Better the engagement, you will experience more new subscribers on a regular basis.
Strategy for Content Marketing:
Let’s take an example of any product. I’m taking the mattress, as it is useful in all household. How the content could be strategized for the audience in the above 3 stages!
Let’s start with the beginning stage. In this category, you have the audience who are new to purchasing a mattress online. They are in the stage of skepticism and requires more information. In this case, your content should have the headlines, such as:
“10 signs you might need a new mattress!”
“Back pain? This might be why!”, or
“4 reasons you are not getting enough sleep!”.
Content written for beginning stage creates Awareness and need of the product.
In this stage, your audience knows that they have a problem. Now they are looking for a solution in the internet to solve it. This is their research phase and your content must solve their problem by giving them good options for them to pick.
Your content should have the headlines, such as:
“Comparison between Y and Z mattress”, or
“My recommended Mattress A: Why it is best for you?”
In this stage, the customer is ready to buy. And looking for a product review from other customers, who have already purchased the same product. Such content should have headlined, such as,
“Review of X mattress”, or
“What customers have to say about our product”.
Major types of Content:
- Cornerstone Content: These are the most important pages on your website, clearly demonstrating your core message that you would like to share with your prospects. Its ideal length should be around 2000-3000 words. It will serve as the main source of Keyword Traffic. You should always link to these pages when you use the keyword elsewhere.
- Supplemental Content: It supplements your cornerstone content. Basically, it is written on individual topics. It is a great resource for the email newsletter and can also be used for nurturing your lead, which in turn develop huge trust.
Sources to generate bulk ideas to create new web-content:
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Customer questions or feedback
- Audio Content
- Book Content
- Keyword Research
- Customer’s Review and Testimonials
- Social Media
- Product Demo
- Facebook Live
- Answer the Public forum.
Out of above 10, I use customer’s specific questions to me, FAQs in Quora platform, Book Content, and Keyword research most extensively.
While writing this section, initially I thought of explaining all sections individually. But they are self-explanatory. Still, if you face anything difficult to understand, feel free to ask your question in the comment section, I’ll make sure to reply to them. And, also let me know which idea is most suitable for you out of above or apart from them.
Top Content Marketing tools:
- Desktop Blog Editors: Hemingway editor, Frase, Google Docs, Write well and Evernote.
- Content Idea Generation Tools: SEMRush, BuzzSumo, Quora, Ahref Content Explorer, and Google trend.
- Proof Reading Tools: Grammarly, ProWriting Aid, Hemingway app.
- Free Stock Images for blogs: Canva, Pexels, Pixabay.
- Desktop Video recording and editing tool: Screencast-o-Matic, Camtasia, Loom, Audacity, and Tubebuddy.
- SEO Tools: SEMRush, Ahref, Moz, Google webmaster tool, Screaming frog, SiteBulb and KWfinder.
- Learning Resources: Dot-com secrets, Expert Secrets, Adweek Copywriting books and Ogilvy books on advertising.
Now, there are many tools available for Content Marketing. Above tools are tested by me. I will keep updating the list as I get to know other useful tools.
How many times do you use the Internet to find any new information? For me, the Internet is a lifeline. All throughout my college days, I have learned a great deal from the internet. I feel smart when I am updated with the recent information in my area of interest and it is possible only through the internet. As the internet opens up the whole new level of possibilities in our lives.
This is the reason why the internet is booming at a faster rate worldwide. Therefore, we must teach ourselves to live internet-lifestyle.
And, how to live the internet lifestyle?
Simple. Learn from other skilled people and teach your skills to others, or offer your services to others, no matter where you are in the world as long as you have a laptop with an internet connection.
And, what is the first step?
Learning to write useful content. This is what this post is all about. Also, read more tips and tricks on Content Writing, from my other posts.
Hope you have found this post useful. If you have any question or some thoughts to add on this post. Please feel free to comment below.
I will come up with other useful content next time. Stay tuned.