Digital Marketing is applicable to all kinds of Businesses. Online businesses are booming, especially eCommerce is growing like crazy.
Though I have always ordered products online but never actually worked for an eCommerce company.
Now, before I write much, let me tell you my entry into the world of eCommerce in short.
The lockdown happened in March 2020. I was in a Full-Time Digital Marketing job in a Chennai based company. Everything was going well, but I was in a notice period from my previous company as I wanted a job change to explore the good opportunities available.
While Lockdown continued, luckily I found an eCommerce company, which is Bangalore based. And, now I am working here as a Digital Marketer.
So, this is a short story behind my entry into the eCommerce sector.
Now, let’s explore what is the difference between Digital Marketing in the eCommerce sector Vs. Digital Marketing in other sectors.
Digital Marketing: eCommerce Vs. Non-eCommerce
- Advertising: Google and Facebook
- Website Developing
- Youtube channel
- Social Media Presence
- Marketplace Specific: eCommerce business needs marketplaces such as Amazon, Flipkart, PaytmMall, Shopify, Woocommerce, and so on. So, you need to learn Marketplace specific advertising.
- Order Processing: You need to have a good link with your courier partners because bad courier service can ruin the reputation of your business faster than ever. Courier service is the lifeblood of the eCommerce business.
- Customer Support: You will receive complaints, replacement requests and other queries/issues from your customers, be ready to handle them wisely.
- Inventory of your Products and warehouses in all major locations.
- Promotional Opportunities: Time to time Marketplaces offer you various Promotional Opportunities customized for your business based on its past performance and other parameters. Plan them wisely for your business.
There are other differences as well. But these are the major ones, I will make them separate topics in other upcoming posts.
That’s all for now, if you have any queries or any of your own experience to share, feel free to drop them in the comment section.
Have you not yet started leveraging the power of the internet? What are you waiting for? Click the link below and start now. Digital Marketing is the future of ALL businesses alike.